Thursday, May 21, 2009

Walk THIS way, doofus

You'd think that there would be plenty of parking and low crowds at most places during the weekdays. That may be true for Home Depot but NOT for medical offices. As I continue my time killing quest to get things done while I can, I notice that you have to factor in 5-10 minutes at these medical offices to find a parking space. I've been going to a certain medical "group" and they are all located in office parks, medical complexes, hospitals and now campuses!! I've gotten pretty damn good at deciphering lobby directories (a small victory for me)..

So the latest in my quest to be physically improved was to see if I could fix some problems I have with my legendary bad feet. Naturally, that means a Podiatrist. I was imagining all these warnings and threats of surgery to correct a couple of bent toes but it was just the opposite which relieved me and concerned me. Surgery, right now, is not an option so he prescribed some orthotics (shoe inserts). There was a sign in the waiting room that stated "orthotics are not reimbursed by most insurance". Lucky me. I asked some specific question as to how I could reduce my constant discomfort and the doc gave me some instructions on How TO Walk.. mmm, I thought I had that aced in 1951 Brooklyn, NY. (thanks, mom) Apparently not as I am not coming down properly on my heel. So I have to make a conscious effort to take each step correctly. I already walk like a doofus so now I will walk like a doofus learning to line dance....Yeeehaaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment