Thursday, May 14, 2009

Monument park

Continuing to go to my scheduled softball games - usually 1 or 2 per week. Mother nature has sent a few not-so-subtle messages to limit my participation and that's been a tough adjustment. Running has been my major issue but there are a few others sneaking in. YET, I really like playing and participating I just have to do it from the coach's box with a clipboard - at least I'm part of it and not catching a line drive with my mouth.

Last night was a defining moment in our team. I've been on this team for 20 years and the 5 other guys who started up this team were all standing at the bench while our sons and younger members were on the field kicking the crap out of a fairly decent team and for some reason I felt "this is the way it should be"... The 6 of us standing shoulder to shoulder were aptly described as "monument park".. I can accept that..it's better than the Golden Girls...

No comments:

Post a Comment