Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sports talk

I have to admit with my new found time I have been listening to a fair amount of radio and TV sports talk.. I'm not a fanatic but I do have a strong attachment to baseball. And if you're in NY you get wall-to-wall baseball talk especially if there are issues to complain about. For instance, the Yankees losing their first five games to their arch rival Boston Red Sox..I hated to see these losses but in a crazy way it's been entertaining.. It provides endless fodder for the radio and TV pundits. They are ALL very critical and for some reason all-knowing all the time..

I always wonder how the comments will be the day after a bad game.. Last night the Tampa Rays beat the Yankees in a monsoon and 90 percent of all sports talk was about this. (Forget that there's an exciting NBA championship taking place)..It was close and perhaps some different management decisions would have made the difference..Here's my point - how do all these pundits and callers become Kreskin?.. Granted they can have their opinions but they make their points sound like something other than guesswork.. That's all it is.

Some of the callers are really misguided but one thing I have noticed is there are quite a few broadcasters with speech impediments... It's the Tom Brokaw syndrome..

No comments:

Post a Comment