Tuesday, May 26, 2009

HItting the road

I normally don't do much sight seeing. I'm not sure why because I know it can be nice and people enjoy it. I always remember the scene in the Chevy Chase "Vacation" movie when he gets out of the car at the Grand Canyon, takes a look and nods his head as if to say "OK, there it is, let's go!".. So in a continuing time killing effort my wife and I took a very long car ride this Memorial Day. I figure why not give it a go and "stop and smell the roses".. (they have thorns too)..

I guess we did 100 miles easy and I was surprised after living up this way how rural the area becomes just a few miles north. I also thought there'd be more traffic since it was one of those get out of the house holidays. We did stop and have some lunch which was pretty good except their restrooms were flooded. We stopped at a covered bridge (a la Madison County). That was the only place there was a crowd. People were all trekking down the semi-steep hills to sit and fish on the rocks which lined the fast-moving waters. It was a nice sight and a nice experience. I actually took some pictures (very rare)..All they needed to be complete was a rest room..

No comments:

Post a Comment