Sunday, April 19, 2009

Let's travel!!!

Another popular Time Killer is travel.. No work to worry about - come and go as you please. Nice and relaxed, stay a hotels, see friends and live from one meal to the next. All dietary restraint is out the window. Oh, one thing to consider is weather.

At this writing, I am in Austin, Texas. It's a zippy, hip college town with lots of character and things to do. I'd say the median age here is about 22. Lots of great restaurants and funky stores (many tattoo parlors). But back to the weather..

We managed to plan this trip around some really nasty springtime storms (who knew?).. Our flight was barely late but we did have to circumnavigate around some massive line of Texas thunderstorms and our pilot bravely landed us in what had to be maybe the only 20 minute window in a 2-day period. We did have to circle a bit because of a Micro BURST (I think you can get those now at Dairy Freeze). There was some serious turbulence but I always think back to those documentaries about hurricane hunter planes which never get knocked out of the air. Also, having taken military flights is a good experience (they never care about smooth air, so bouncing is standard)..

We re-enter the travel zone tomorrow as we return home and the weather in Texas looks OK. The weather back home could be iffy so I'll start practicing being a relaxed, cool customer now. That relaxed attitude always leaves me once I have to take off my shoes and belt at the airport security check. It is beyond idiotic...See you back on the home front..

No comments:

Post a Comment