Sunday, May 16, 2010

Roll Over Beethoven

We were given some tickets to our local symphony's performance of a couple of Beethoven pieces conducted by Itzhak Perlman. We don't do such things too often but I figured I'd enjoy it - and I did. I enjoyed the musicianship and general scene with some 65 performers on the stage as well as the famed Perlman (I thought maybe he'd play some Orange Blossom Special but no such luck). So overall it was interesting and a new category for Time Killing.

What was unusual (to me) is while listening and absorbing the performance my mind went off into a variety of areas - all amusing. As I've mentioned here I am writing a screenplay and in that 2 hours I had more ideas than ever. I wished I had a pen but committed it to memory instead. I did write it down when I got home that evening. Now as I read the notes I wonder what planet I was on. I did salvage some of the ideas as I head into the turbulent waters of my third act.

A follow up to the MRI I had last week.. I was hoping this "open" version was going to be more tolerable than the reenactment of Das Boot's torpedo-firing sequences. Well, it was..It took an hour but it was like lounging on a picnic table (hard surface) with a giant-sized pizza plate hoovering over my face and shoulders. Lots of noises which I knew was coming. They kept asking me if I was OK. I finally said if I'm not, I'll scream like a banshee (the tech didn't know what that was)... Results are due this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment