Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I love a parade?

I can remember last St Patrick's Day as being one of the first days of my retirement. I recall seeing the parade on the TV which was odd as my office window had a first-hand view of the marchers and I didn't realize it was televised. So here is another St Pat's deal which doesn't really fill the bill for time killing. I remember as a kid all the Catholic schools used to be closed which made it seem like more of a holiday. Now it's just another day where Al Roker wears a green tie.

I guess I am mostly Irish as my mother was and I'd call her on this day from my office to see if she could hear the bagpipes on the street. I remember asking her if she'd ever like to come up and see the parade. I remember her answer was something like "oh, I'd hate the crowds"...ahhhhhh, therein lies the legacy. I did go to the parade a few times. A real outing - a one block walk with little chance of crossing the street.

I had to answer a question from my hair cutter yesterday . She asked what I was doing for St Patrick's Day. I had no answer because I did nothing. The hair cutter was shocked as she looks forward to it for days.. I re-thought the issue. Well, we just completed remodeling our main bathroom - new tub, new sink, new medicine cabinet, new toilet, new floor, new lights and the walls are GREEN...Erin GO Pee..

No comments:

Post a Comment